Get this easy to make, but delicious deep fried chicken wings on your table. Just fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper are needed.
Getting a delicious dish, it sometimes doesn’t mean that we have to have a recipe with a complicated process that seems out of the question to deal with in our home kitchens. Like these fried chicken wings, for instance, It needs just fish sauce, freshly ground black pepper and your preferable chicken parts. The fish sauce, having an umami flavour by itself, gives us the receiving end of the fried chicken wings – whose insides are juicy and skins are crispy – with a fantastic-palatable flavour, but do not over add it since your fried chicken wings may be too salty.
- 500 chicken wings (preferably wing sticks and middle wings)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- A small bowl of plum sauce or Sriracha sauce, for serving along with.
- Add chicken wings in a large bowl and then sprinkle over them with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Use your hands to marinate through the wings with the fish sauce and the pepper. Cover and leave to marinate in a fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil (enough to submerge the wings) in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once it is ready, add the marinated chicken wings and deep fry until cooked through, crispy and golden-brown on both sides. Turn off heat.
- Remove the fried chicken wings from the hot oil with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on a kitchen paper.
- Arranged on a serving plate. serve with plum sauce or Sriracha sauce.
It is a good idea to thinly coat the marinated chicken wings with trace amounts of wheat flour just before deep frying to get crispier fried chicken wings.